Blood Cancer Success and Survival Rate in India
Blood cancer is the most detrimental forms of cancer. Not to downplay the cancer of other kinds, but when it comes to blood cancer, the survival rate did not use to be good. The reason for that is simple. The symptoms associated with most types of blood cancer are so normal that they can be misconstrued as other symptoms. However, things have changed now. To that end, the diagnostic and treatments have initiated the curious minds to question “How the blood cancer success and survival rate in India have increased?”
Throughout the curse of this blog, this is going to be our topics of concern.
Blood cancer diagnostic and treatment
Blood cancer arises due to some form abnormality associated with the organs that produce blood cells. As a result of that, the blood cells that are produced have some form of abnormality. Due to this, the amount of healthy blood cells in the body tends to lack severely. Now, the blood cells can be of any kind, but the results are often the same:
- Easily bleeding and bruising.
- Frequent infections
- Severe weakness
- Pain throughout the body
- There is not much strength in the body
Not caring about these symptoms tends to be fatal. However, as you can already notice, the symptoms associated here are quite common and to that end, the cancer is not so easy to diagnose.
Well, it used to be the story. The narrative has changed now with the introduction of high end diagnostic techniques:
- Lymph nodes biopsy: A part of lymph nodes is taken to the labs to test
- Bone marrow biopsy: A part of bone marrow is taken to the labs for testing
- Rudimentary blood tests: A test to check for the blood cell counts.
- MRI SCAN and PET SCAN: These imaging diagnostic measures have been very helpful to ascertain as to whether the patient has blood cancer.
The miracles do not end here and the blood cancer treatment success rate has rose to great heights. At this stage, the 5 year survival rate of blood cancer disease is about 90%. The treatments that are provided are as follows:
- Chemotherapy: It is a form of drug administration that is standard for any form of cancer. In this treatment, the body is provided with cancer killing drugs intravenously or orally. These drugs have been extremely successful in killing the cancer cells an providing the patient with a new lease of life. However, there are some long term side effects associated with this as well. That being said, the researchers are hard at work in order to make sure that alternative drugs are taken into account in order to reduce the side effects or at least lower the intensity of it.
- Radiotherapy: In this form of therapy, the body is provided with cancer killing radiation beams. A combination of this and the chemotherapy is required to deal with most forms of blood cancers. And even this method has been successful.
- Alternative therapies: There is also biological therapy, where the drugs that are introduced in the body are focused towards jump starting the immune system of the body. These drugs, while still in the experimental stage, have been quite successful in some cases.
- Bone marrow transplant: The stem cell transplantation is the one where the patient is provided with a bone marrow transplant in order to promote the growth of healthy blood cells. This form of treatment is every researched, and by this we mean that this treatment has proven to be the only treatment that can actually cure the malignant conditions of the blood. However, continuous researches are still being done. Furthermore, this therapy can be accredited with the reason as to why blood cancer survival rate in India is quite high.
These treatments options that you do have access will be provided by the blood cancer hospital in India. This hospital is known to be the best when it comes to the matter of conditions related to blood. It is called Fortis memorial research institute.
If you want to get in touch with the hematological specialists of FMRI hospital, Gurugram (Gurgaon) feel free to get in touch with our experts at any given time.