Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Life Expectancy
Blood disorders can be an ordeal to deal with. No, this is not a jab at other forms of cancer but with blood cancer, your body is weak even in the initial stages of the disease. With Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia, a persistent disease that progresses in a rather slow fashion is a lot more painful to deal with as compared to its acute variant (AML). Due to this, the life expectancy of your body takes a large dive. However, that doesn’t mean that you should just lay down your arms and give up. It means that you need to find a way to increase the chronic myeloid leukemia life expectancy.
Living longer despite CML
If you have CML, then you should know that even the treatment for that can take a toll on your body. To that end, there are some things that are to be done at home as well in order to increase your life expectancy after chronic myeloid leukaemia. Furthermore, these tips at home will give you a semblance of normalcy in your life while you are being treated:
- Eating a healthy diet: It always comes down to eating a healthy diet. When you have CML, your weakness has lot of further issues. To that end, even eating becomes a difficult task. This mainly happens while you are being treated. That being said, it is just a temporary setback. To that end, you must be ready to eat some fresh fruits and vegetables, high fibre foods and others.
- No smoking: Smoking and alcohol won’t do you any favours while you are fighting chronic myeloid leukaemia. Furthermore, Smoking happens to be one of the biggest risk factors for any form of cancer. To that end, if you are in habit of smoking, you should stop immediately. If you cannot do that, than this might be the right time to look for a rehab and then stop doing it.
- Regular exercise: You want to live longer, keep your body healthy. You want to keep your body healthy, make sure to keep it moving on a regular basis. Regular exercise has always been the focus of every form of recovery, cancer or otherwise. In the case of CML, where your weakness is going to persist, a regular exercise regime will do wonders for your endurance and strength.
- Resting too: Sleeping can be a good cure on its own. I am not saying that in a literal sense, but a metaphorical one. While you are sleeping, a certain part of your metabolism activate that makes sure that whatever treatments you are receiving actually works properly.
- Engage your mind out of stressful situations: Being stressful has been the root cause of several other issues. Managing your stress is important not only because you need to have some positivity in your life when you are going through the treatment, but also because a stress mind can deter the speed of the treatment as well. Seek counsel in this circumstance. Other measures to deal with stress are yoga, deep breathing, visualization and even praying.
- There is also the matter seeking support: Depression is almost a given when you are going through CML. This feeling of unprecedented hopelessness is not something that you can deal with on your own. Therefore, seeking support is something that can be considered a penultimate matter in this circumstance. Face yourself, embrace your existence and you will be fine once you are well adjusted.
These facets combined with the chronic myeloid leukemia treatment will make sure your life expectancy enhances even further. For more information, be sure to get in touch with our Haematologist.