Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Treatment Success, Survival Rate and Cost in India
When it comes to lymphoma, there are two variants of it. One is the Hodgkin’s variant and the other one is the Non-Hodgkin’s one. When it comes to the symptoms associated with these variants, they are basi8cally the same. So, where does the difference come from? Well, it comes the fact that how it spreads. With the Hodgkin’s lymphoma, the lymph nodes are affected in a serial fashion. Now, the definitions aside, there are treatment options for this when you come to India. Throughout the course of this blog, the treatment options and success rate associated with Hodgkin’s lymphoma is what we are going to ponder upon.
Hodgkin’s lymphoma treatment options
The Hodgkin’s Lymphoma treatment guidelines entail the standard routine when it comes to any form of blood cancer. However, when it comes to India, the thing that differentiates all of them is the success rate of these treatments. Comparative to the treatments that people receive in the developed countries, the survival rate of the following options are not something to be surprised by:
- Chemotherapy: Whenever you talk about any form of cancer, Chemotherapy is the one that is considered to be the most apt and the most relevant. In this procedure, the body is intravenously injected with cancer killing drugs. An initial course of chemotherapy is applied for nearly every type of cancer treatment. However, there are some side effects associated with it that are needed to be considered as well. This treatment is given in cycles. To that end, you need to go through each and every one of them.
- Cost: This Hodgkin’s Lymphoma treatment cost is about INR 1 lakhs.
- Radiation therapy: High energy beams are used in order to kill the cancer cells. As far as the matter of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma goes, radiation therapy after chemotherapy is pretty much a traditional course of action. A 30 minute radiation treatment for 5 days a week is recommended in this case.
- Cost: Two cycles of radiation will cost you about INR 2,47,000
- Bone marrow transplant: This particular form of treatment is pretty generic when you think about any form of blood cancer. Considered to be the most effective treatment in regards to lymphoma, it entails the implantation of healthy blood cell producing stem cells. This procedure entails a lot of scrutiny and several pre conditions. However, it has proven to be a lot successful in India.
- Cost: This cost o this form of treatment is the one that varies the most. To that end, there are places in India where the treatment will cost you about 7 to 8 lakhs. However, there are some regions where the cost is about INR 20 to INR 35 Lakhs.
The Hodgkin’s lymphoma survival rate is pretty high as well. To that end, if you are infact considering yourself to be treated here, you can do so pretty easily. For further information, make sure to get in touch with our hematologist Dr Rahul Bhargava.