Myelodysplastic Syndrome Life Expectancy
At times, you are hit by a multiple blood disorders. This happens because of the issue with the bone marrow that disables it from making healthy and proper amount of blood cells. When you are taking all of these disorders collectively, you are talking about Myelodysplastic syndromes. These blood issues, if not taken care of, will eventually prove fatal. Fortunately for you there are treatments that can increase the Myelodysplastic life expectancy.
When it comes to the matter of treatments for any type poof blood disorder, the answers tend to be always the same, Regardless of that, these treatments are indeed effective and can provide you with a better life. With this in mind, let us look into the treatment options that are available for you regarding this particular issue:
- Chemotherapy: MDS (Myelodysplastic Syndrome) is a cancerous condition by its very nature. To that end, whenever we are discussing cancer, you can imagine that we are going to discuss chemotherapy. Now, in this particular treatment, your body is injected with chemicals that have the purpose to kill the abnormal cancer cells and halt their growth. The higher the stage of your MDS, the mode cycles of chemotherapy will be needed. Ironically enough, this is not a common treatment for MDS.
- Blood transfusions: The purpose of this treatment is as obvious as you might expect; to circumvent the loss of certain types of blood cells by transfusing healthy blood cells. This is an option that can provide you with symptomatic relief. However, it needs to be taken for a life time.
- Medications: There are certain medications that can assist with countering the effects of this disease. These medicines entail medications to increase the amount of blood cells, medications to mature the cells faster, medications to suppress the immune system and others like antibiotics to treat infections and other matters.
- Bone marrow transplant: This option is he only one that remains as the one that can provide permanent solutions for the Myelodysplastic syndromes issue. In this, healthy blood producing stem cells are grafted within the patient after medicating the patient with immunosuppressant. However, it is in fact a risky procedure and to that end, you should only take this up after proper consultation.
These are the options for Myelodysplastic syndrome treatment in India, and their success rates are pretty high as well. However, there is still one question that remains:
What about the life expectancy for the disease?
Myelodysplastic syndrome life expectancy in India
If we are talking about the Myelodysplastic syndrome life expectancy in India, we are talking about the statistical information that provides how successful this process is. Let us first discuss the loi8fe expectancy if none of the steps are taken
- If you are at the low variant of the disease, then your survival rate is about 5.5 years
- An intermediate, the life expectancy without the treatments is at 4 years.
- High variant has the life expectancy of 2.5 years
- And it is less that 1 year if you have the4 very high variant of the disease.
However, you should not lose hope as after the treatments, the life expectancy can actually elevate. The treatment options that have been mentioned in the previous sections are effective and have given a new life to the patient with blood disorders.
If you are looking to get any of the treatments, you should get in touch with the best hematologist and get yourself treated to a new lease on life.