Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Treatment in India
Non Hodgkin’s lymphoma is one of the most common forms of cancers in the world. In this variant of lymphoma, the lymph nodes are infected with malignancy in a random order. This disease is definitely a fatal one if you are not looking for the right treatment. To that end, our purpose throughout the course of this blog, we are going to tell you about the diagnostic procedures regarding this matter along with the treatment options that you have:
Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma diagnostics
The Non Hodgkin’s lymphoma diagnosis involves a bunch of tests that extent from blood tests to imaging tests to find out the existence and severity of the titular disease. These tests include:
- Physical examination: Lymphoma causes your lymph nodes to swell up. To that end, you are going to be provided with a physical exam which ascertains to how much extent has the lymph nodes been stolen.
- Blood tests: These tests check for the markers of lymphoma in the blood.
- Urine tests: There are urine tests as well that ascertain the existence of titular condition.
- Lymph nodes test: A lymph nodes biopsy is a process where the lymph nodes tissues are extracted and sent to the labs for further testing.
- Imaging tests: The imagine tests like CT scan, PET scan and other types of imaging tests are also viable in checking out if there is a case of lymphoma.
The treatment options
The Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma treatments options are pretty conventional when you think about it. These treatment options entail:
- Chemotherapy: It is a drug treatment where the intravenous drugs are injected into the patient’s body in order to kill the cancer cells.
- The radiation therapy: High intensity radiation is used to kill the cancer cells.
- Bone marrow transplantation: this is a form of treatment where bone marrow of another is transplanted into the patient in order to promote the production of healthy blood cells.
- Drug therapies: There are several developments in the field of drug therapies where the focus is towards making drugs more targeted towards the genes that cause cancer cells to produce.
These treatment options are the best when it comes to dealing with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. However, you need to be looking for the right treatment in this regard. To that end, you need to get in touch with the best hospitals for lymphoma treatment. The reason for that is pretty simple, only the best hospitals will be able to provide you with the right answers regarding these treatments. Furthermore, as we are talking about the effectiveness of this treatment, the best hospitals can provide you with the same.