What are the Symptoms of Myelofibrosis?
Myelofibrosis is a type of blood disorder that occurs when the gene that produces the red blood cells in the bone marrow gets mutated. To that end, many of its symptoms are pretty much similar to other anemic diseases. However, in the initial stages, the growth of this disease is slow and therefore, the symptoms either do not appear or at times, way too benign to even take note.
As we have already mentioned at the start of this blog, because of the defect in the gene that produces the blood cells, the symptoms of this particular disease is quite similar to other anemic conditions. With that in mind, the following are the symptoms of Myelofibrosis:
- Extreme lethargy at times: Due to a serious lack of oxygen and nutrients transport throughout the body, there is no stamina left in the body. To that end, you would mostly feel tiredness during most of the day.
- Weak: Weakness is one of the most common symptoms of this malignancy. This can be due to the fact that nutrients are not properly transported through the body.
- Immense pain the ribs: Immense pain in the ribs during breathing can be attributed to the enlargement of the spleen. Enlarged spleen happens because as there is a lack of blood cells from the bone marrow, the spleen tries to compensate for the lack of blood cells. When the spleen is overexerted, it ends up swelling.
- Easy bruising and east bleeding: As there is a significant lack of healthy cells, there is a significant lack of health itself. To that end, it is easy to bleed and bruised easily when this disease happens.
- A feeling of Full stomach: Due to the enlarged spleen, more of than not, patients have complained that have a full stomach even after they only had eaten a little.
- Bone pain: when the bone marrow is scarred due to Myelofibrosis, it effect is felt everywhere. As the organ in the closest vicinity, Bone pain s quite common in this form of condition.
These symptoms start our as a minor episodic bout but can escalate to the point of complete disability. Therefore, if you want a proper treatment of these symptoms, you should get to Fortis Hospital in Gurgaon. There, the three heads of the hematology department: Dr. Vikas Dua, Dr. Rahul Bhargava & Dr. Aniruddha Dayama will assist you in any way necessary to make sure that your symptoms get under control and the disease get a proper treatment.